Creating your welcome video
Your welcome video is the first thing that every new member will see when they join your Channel, even if they join later than the launch date. Here are some basics to make sure to include:
- An introduction to yourself as a leader, and the theme or topic of your Channel.
- What you’re excited to share and what value you will provide.
- Frequency and types of communication and content. Let members know how many times you'll post per week and what types of content you'll post on each day of the week – for example, that every Wednesday is Q&A day.
- Any ground rules for your Channel.
- Engagement or feedback asks (e.g., that members are free to comment and reply to other people’s posts).
While you can upload external videos to post on your Channels feed, your welcome video has to be recorded in the Channels app. Tap here for a demo about how the welcome video works.
Note: Members will be able to reply to your welcome message by sending you a private 1:1 video message. If you’d like to turn off this capability, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.