Creating your Welcome Video
While you can upload external videos as a post on your Channels feed, the welcome video has to be recorded in app. Your welcome video is the first thing every new member who joins your Channel will see (even if they join later than the launch date), so it’s important to include the following:
- Overview of your theme/topic
- What you’re excited to share and what value you will provide
- Frequency & types of communication and content (i.e. x posts/week, Wednesday Q&A sessions, etc.)
- Any specific ground rules
- Engagement or feedback asks (i.e. feel free to comment and reply to other people’s posts)
- Encouraging them to record a welcome video introducing themselves and why they are here.