How does the launch date work?
Your Channel’s launch date is the official beginning of your Channel, and with that the following details should be considered before setting your launch date:
- Be sure to set your launch date before promoting your Channel, otherwise members will be charged and come to a completely empty Channel
- Members can join your Channel before the launch date, but will not be able to see any content until 9:00 am PST of the launch date
- Members are charged at 9:00 am PST on launch date*
- Members can still join your Channel after the launch date and see all previously posted content
- Once your Channel has launched, you cannot change the price or your membership payment structure
We encourage leaders to make sure they allow time (at least one week between setup and launch) to set up their Channel and promote it to their audience.
Can I change my launch date? You can modify the launch date yourself if you don’t have any members signed up. After a member signs up, you can modify your launch date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Keep in mind you’ll need to communicate with your signed up member(s) to let them know the launch date has changed.
*Note: this is for monthly subscription members. Members of a one-time fee Channel are charged once they register for the Channel. Learn more at How do I get paid with Channels? and How can people sign up for my Channel?